Sunday, November 2, 2008

Marathon Sunday

Watching them go down 4th ave in Brooklyn...

Greetings! Today was another beautiful Fall day in the city. A sunny but chilly 40-something degrees outside is what we experienced while watching the New York City Marathon. Our pal Kristen was running the 26 mile race and placed in the top 10,000 - clocking in at an impressive 3 hours and 49 minutes. Better than I could ever do! B and I had a lot of fun watching the big race from 4th Ave in Brooklyn. All the streets were closed off and there was a never ending sea of runners and gatorade cups covering the streets. It was the most inspiring thing I've seen in a long while. So inspiring that I ended up jogging this afternoon for a whole 25 minutes! Yeah, might need a little work on my endurance but maybe I'll be able to run a 5K some day?

2 comments:

SV said...

Did you see Haruki Murakami?

Unknown said...

Did I tell you guys that Sean and I are running in the Seattle marathon in a couple weeks?