Thursday, November 6, 2008

Last week

It's been a few days since Tuesday, probably the most climatic day of the year, and yet the election results remain at the fore front of everyones' mind. It felt as if New Years had come a couple months earlier because people are still reeling in excitement from Obama's victory. His pictures were plastered on every newspaper I encountered on Wednesday morning. Daily News, New York Post, AM NY, NY Times, you name it, Obama Mania was in full effect. You can still buy the campaign pins on the corner of 34th Street. Maybe I'll get one as a keepsake?

So things have been great this past week and we're moving forward. Brendan scored a job (yay! more details coming soon...) I'm getting used to the early morning commutes on the subway and work has been keeping me extremely busy, but I am learning a lot. (side note: I got my Sony ID badge on Friday since I have weekly meetings with their digital marketing folks, this means discount at the Sony store... electronic junkies - let me know if you want anything, I just might be able to score you a deal!) Brendan and I have also made some time to do a little exploring in the city. We discovered Korea Town, which is just a couple blocks away from where I work. It's like a little slice of Seoul right in the midst of the city. I'll throw some pictures up later this weekend.. for now, we will be off to SOHO to meet a friend for a late brunch... stay tuned for updates later on....

No comments: