Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Random Brooklyn/Manhattan cell phone photos!

Greetings! Today was a crisp, cool yet sunny day in New York so I decided to go for a morning jog around the Brooklyn Art Museum which is just a few blocks away from our apartment. Lots of wide sidewalks and perfect ledges for skateboarding. Speaking of, there is such a diverse mix of skaters out here which is awesome. Usually I'm the 1 minority skateboarding in Seattle, but here it's all the African American kids from Crown Heights and Bedstuy grinding the ledges. I haven't seen any female skaters yet, so maybe I'll get out there once I get a job and some insurance! (So wish me luck on my interview tomorrow)

Alas, here are a few pics from the past couple days... enjoy!

Strolling around Midtown last Sunday; not sure if this happens every weekend but it was cool because there was tons of food vendors and tents selling clothes and other nic nacs.
The 37th Annual Pulaski Parade down 5th Ave on Sunday... lots of marching and Polish pride
Brooklyn Art Museum... not the best picture since I was using my cell while jogging, but you get the idea.. this place is usually packed on the weekends so Brendan and I will have to check it out during the week sometime.
The tree lined streets of Eastern Parkway which is quite lovely in the Autumn. This is what I see on my way home.
Francisca taking it easy as usual

No comments: